The simple answer to this inquiry is yes. Brass fittings are one of the most frequently used fittings for water lines. This is because of the unique functions that make it perfect for a number of uses, plumbing being at the top of the list. Brass fittings will also be employed for other programs such as carrying chemicals, flammable gases, slurries, among others. Brass fixtures are the go-to choice for most plumbers, and we will check out some of the reasons why this is the case.
Why Are Brass Fittings Employed For Water Lines?
While brass fixtures may be a bit higher priced than other types of water pipe fixtures, they are definitely worth the extra cash. With brass fixtures, you can be sure of the durable and long-enduring plumbing system. Exactly why is this? Let us take a look at a few of the reasons why brass fixtures would be the favored option for most plumbing technicians.
* Flexibility: Brass fixtures can be found in most styles and sizes, making it easier for you to select one that works to your plumbing task.
* Sturdiness: Brass fixtures are heavy duty and can be in excellent condition for a long time. They may be definitely the number one option if you would like your project to get a long lifespan. Brass remains to get a long time without having cracking or disintegrating.
* Resistance to corrosion: Brass fittings tend not to rust and are extremely resistant to rust. Because of this a water line made of brass fittings will never experience wear and tear, which can make it long-lasting. Brass is definitely your winner in terms of water pipe fittings.
* Malleability: Brass fittings can be easily shaped and formed to match edges and bends in pipes. More often than not, you will notice that you must do this for any water line, making brass fixtures your perfect choice.
* Can endure high temperatures: Brass fixtures can be used within both cold and hot water lines. When compared with other fittings constructed from many other materials, brass fixtures have the greatest tolerance for high temperatures. You can say they may be nearly fire-proof.
Are Brass Fittings A Secure Choice?
Despite each of the good features of brass fixtures for water lines, we cannot ignore one unfavorable function that has created some individuals avoid utilizing brass fittings for plumbing techniques. This is the fact that brass consists of lead which can result in poisoning if it arrives in touch with drinking water. Nevertheless, you can avoid this by routinely flushing your faucets every few seconds to clear out the built up lead. You can also avoid brass fixtures for drinking water lines entirely and utilize them for other places instead, including laundry and bathroom plumbing techniques.
With regards to deciding on a pipe fixtures for the plumbing system, it all really comes down to your needs and budget. Brass water pipe fixtures cost a bit greater than other water pipe fixtures, however good aspects make hnjiil worthwhile. Before selecting one particular pipe fixtures for your water line, ensure that you seek information and be aware of your choices. If you want help with the best pipe fittings for your plumbing system, tend not to hesitate to get in contact with us. Also, check out our website for additional options for you.