You’ve heard it all before: CBD fixes everything, THC might be useful to you, the paleo diet is out, keto is all the rage and vegan is going mainstream… but who do you believe and where does it end? While Hemp and CBD can be incredibly beneficial to a wide range of various conditions, getting a grasp on it is bewildering. This short article aims to debunk some of the myths around our favourite plant-based oil and CBD while presenting real scientific evidence to make sure you understand the full benefits of each of these beautiful substances and how therapeutically similar they are.
1. Skin Conditions – Probably the most discussed similarities between hemp oil and CBD are their benefits towards different skin disorders. Hemp can help to improve blood levels of essential fatty acids and right out from the box posseses an optimal ratio of three:1 omega-6 to omega-3. This study shows how hemp seed oil can reduce dryness and itchiness in humans which have dermatitis and several other studies demonstrate that it can help a large range of conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
CBD has a positive effect on the skin and can help reduce skin diseases, as can both CBD and CBG – essential to assist counteract skin diseases including melanoma (a tremendous symptom in sunshine-rich countries like Australia).
2. Menopause – A fairly well-known fact is that hemp seeds contain Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which produce prostaglandin E. Because of the high levels of GLA in hemp seeds several studies show they may help reduce various signs and symptoms of menopause including helping reduce bone mineral density. Additionally, GLA could reduce inflammation and regulate hormone imbalances which are usually associated with menopause.
Now, a little-known fact about CBD is that it can help with a chronic symptom of menopause – bone density loss. Bone mineral density naturally starts to decrease during menopause and CBD does communicate with a cannabinoid receptor, which can play a role in bone mineral density loss.
Another study observed a combination of cannabinoids, including CBD, accelerated the speed of bone healing and CBD was proven to strengthen collagen tissues, helping to reduce bone strength and density loss.
3. PMS – A huge number of women suffer from physical or emotional symptoms due to premenstrual syndrome or also known as PMS. Nearly all these symptoms happen to be linked to a sensitivity of the hormone prolactin. Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) since we know is found in hemp seeds, and produces a naturally occurring prostaglandin E1, reduces the outcomes of prolactin. Research indicates taking 210mg of GLA per day in a total of 1 gram of essential fatty acids resulted in a significant decline in symptoms.
CBD can also be very well recognized for its relaxing benefits and it is utilized by thousands of people being a daily supplement to relax effectively every day. One particular study shows CBD can lessen the overall level of anxiety in a person in a stressful situation and is well regarded to aid with several other mental health issues including addiction and paranoia.
4. Heart Problems – The top reason behind death worldwide is cardiovascular disease, and both hemp and CBD are showing very promising results.
Hemp seeds contain very high levels of arginine, which is an protein which produces nitric oxide supplement in the body. Nitric Oxide Supplement makes your blood vessels dilate and relax, which results in lower blood pressure level along with a reduced probability of cardiovascular disease.
New research has suggested that CBD can lower blood pressure level, and it comes with an associated lower stroke volume (level of blood pumped from the heart per beat) and also at an increased rate. Researchers have suggested this might be because of the analgesic and anti-anxiety results of CBD, which may show the beneficial cardiovascular effects in relaxing blood vessels.
5. Pain – Most people usually do not know regarding the powerful results of a small group of chemical molecules called terpenes. If you’re unfamiliar with the incredible benefits associated with cannabis terpenes, take at look at Cannabis Terpenes 101. When processed correctly, hemp oil can be extremely terpene rich, which molecules have 1000s of potential uses which range from fighting cancer to reducing pain. What’s more, a combination of terpenes can have promising results by doing work in synergy, which is called “the entourage effect”. Many research papers advise that ?-caryophyllene is effective at reducing neuropathic pain in a CB2 receptor-dependent manner. This terpene is additionally found kjamgf cloves, black pepper and our new Ltd Ed Navy Strength Hemp Gin.
A study has confirmed that CBD was therapeutic for patients with neuropathic pain by interacting with alpha-3 glycine receptors to lessen inflammation and pain. By working on a G-protein coupled receptor called TRPV-1, CBD may also effectuate its properties indirectly. THC is additionally well documented for helping relieve certain varieties of pain.
When you can see, whilst these two substances are closely related therapeutically, they may be unfortunately still very far apart here in Australia with regards to the legalities of access and the knowledge that individuals possess to utilize them correctly. Please you can make contact with Dr David or comment below if you have further questions about CBD or Hemp.