If you are searching for “how to begin a blog?” then you are in the right place. In this article I review the numerous considerations and decisions you should make once you begin a blog.
1. What are you factors behind blogging? You have to decide what you really are blogging for. Is it for entertainment or profit? Should you be chasing targeted traffic to your blog site, what do you want them to do whenever they arrive. Maybe you just like to write, that is certainly fine, blogging can be absolutely therapeutic in certain ways.
2. Decide what you will How To Start A Blog about? If you are very certain about the reason that you might be blogging then that will help you understand and decide on what you are going to blog about. What you are likely to blog about is also based on the people that you are currently trying to talk to. You can blog about current news, viral videos or controversial topics. You can stick to a certain topic, eg car repairs, or how to get a 6 pack. By staying consistent on one topic you can gain credibility and stay seen as a professional within your field. Product reviews will also be a good thing to blog about.
3. Free blog or paid blog? Free blogs are all over the web, simply do an internet search and you can find some. A few examples are blogger.com, WordPress.com, blog.com and Weebly.com. With the majority of things in your life freedom isn’t free. Your website is definitely not your personal, the domain will be something like bradsblog.wordpress.com so you will have exactly the same domain address as many other people. Should you be looking to make money the majority of the free services don’t allow you to advertise on their sites. Free blogging services aren’t the most suitable choice but are an easy free way to dip your feet within the water.
Paid blogs – For any paid blog you have to purchase the domain and also the hosting. You will then own the blog yourself and for that reason acquire more control over the blog when you begin to try to make money. A lot of the free blogs don’t enable you to advertise on it. You can make use of the free program WordPress.org program to wear Choosing A Domain Name, which will give you themes and utilities to help make your blog site.
Cheap options is brainhost.com, HostGator.com, GoDaddy.com all offer hosting solutions. For instance GoDaddy.com hosting starts at $2.99/month. So you are looking at about $36 dollars annually for hosting. Have a look at each of the options and find out what special deals you can get. Many of these hosting provides offers you instructions on how to use their easy 1 click installing of WordPress on your new hosted domain.
4. Domains – Now you should register a domain address (this is actually the actual name of your own website/blog). Domains start at about $8 but can increase into the thousands. You can use a service at GoDaddy.com or maddogdomains.com to register you domain address.. The more popular website names usually are more expensive. Eg obviously you will have no chance buying the domain nba.com however, you could buy mynameisjohnsmithfromamerica would be pretty cheap, however weird. A good simple option when starting is to go for names like firstnamelastname.com etc something like that.
You can always change the domain name later or have multiple all linking for the same actual webpage. As an example you might own 3 website names but already have it if you type in some of them they all visit the same website. Once your site is operational we now have answered the question “how to start your blog?” However this can be just the start of your journey into blogging! Another things you have to focus on are traffic and content.
5. Traffic – When you put something on your own blog you desire individuals to read it or watch it. This is when traffic will come in. If you want your website to be successful you need to figure out how to get traffic to it. There ughnho a number of options here according to your expertise and budget. Basically traffic can be broken down into paid and free traffic.
Free traffic includes
• Online search engine traffic,
• Social networking traffic (Facebook, twitter etc),
• Forum posts,
• Article marketing.
Many of these topics independently may be the topics of pages and pages of methods to articles.
Paid traffic includes
• PPC (paid per click) advertising, eg the tiny ads you see on the top of each and every Internet search,
• Solo ads which is where you pay someone having a large set of email subscribers to email them and let them know about Choosing Your Web Hosting,
• Banner advertising – you purchase an advertisement space on a website to get a set term eg 1 month 6.
Content – When you have your web site operational you should start posting relevant content as articles, pictures or videos. For tips on what to blog about check out current trending videos at YouTube.com/charts, news provides like CNN.com or just Internet search news. And So I hope this has given you a basic summary of the actions required to get started and answered the previous question “how do I start up a blog”.