Here are ten tips for women to stay fit & healthy:
1. Staying fit and healthy starts with a balanced diet. Know and observe the right weight for your age. Ask your doctor to learn what food you should avoid and follow your eating discipline routines. If you are trying to decrease some weight, foods with high calories should be omitted from your foods. Food with high fiber and less fat should be included a priority in your grocery list instead of red meat, sugars and fats.
2. Drink plenty of water. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water everyday. This cleanses the body from impurities. It is also advised for lactating female to increase water intake to keep the body hydrated.
3. Take Vitamins and Supplements. Don’t forget your Calcium supplement. Sufficient Calcium intake is beneficial for women of all ages. This has been efective to prevent having cramps and PreMenstrual Period (PMS) Symptoms. It also prevents Osteoporosis especially for menopausal women. Vitamin E improves strong immune system. Women who undergo menopausal period should take Vitamin E-400 as it stops night sweats & hot flashes. Also, Vitamin E is said to be best in avoiding wrinkles when aging.
4. Quit smoking. If you are smoking, stop. It is also a huge “NO” for pregnant women, as this will affect the health of the baby. Pregnant female who smoke may pass the dangerous content of cigarettes to babies through the bloodstream. Recent studies have shown that female smokers are more prone to diseases than male smokers. Women who smoke have a high chance of getting breast cancer. Also restrict your alcohol intake.
5. Incorporate exercises in your daily routine. Take a walk after work, use stairs not elevator or play with your kids when you are at home. Home exercises are also effective especially when you don’t have time to go to the gym and would like to lose some weight. Yoga and Pilates are only a few of the many effective workouts you can do at home. Exercises help in limiting the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
6. Avoid stress. Many female are prone to too much stress. Stress has been known as cause to many sicknesses. More likely take time to relax. Read a good book, hang out with friends and engage into sports. Pamper yourself by going to parlors or you can do some shopping. & don’t forget to get enough sleep to revive your energy.
7. Use sunscreen to protect your skin from the dangerous rays of the sun. Wear hats when under the sun to protect your skin. Too much sun is not good for your skin. The skin is prone to cancer when exposed to too much sunlight. It also speeds up the aging of skin cells, which causes wrinkles to female.
8. Make sure to visit your dentist to keep that beautiful smile. Always have it cleaned to prevent cavities & not good breath.
9. Visit your Gynecologist. Women who are eighteen & above should have their Physical Examination annually especially for the Pap Smear test. Women who are forty and up should have their mammograms & the Breast self-exam is encouraged once puberty has been reached and should be a habit as they adult
10. Secure sex is strongly recommended. Use condoms to prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
*source : core exercises